Propane Company in Delta Colorado
Propane Safety Tips from Pioneer Propane
1. No Flames Or Sparks: Immediately put out any open flames. Do not use lights, appliances, phones, cell phones, or anything that can cause an electrical spark. Flames and sparks can trigger a fire or explosion.
2. Leave Immediately: Get everyone out of the building or away from the location in which you suspect the leak.
3. Shut Off The Gas: Turn off the main gas supply valve on your propane tank if it is safe to do so. To close the valve, turn it to the right, (clockwise).
4. Report The Leak: From a safe place far removed from the area of the suspected leak, call your local propane retailer immediately. Call the local fire department or 911 if you get no response from your propane dealer.
5. Do Not Return To The Area Or Building: Only return to the area after your propane retailer, emergency responder or qualified service technician determines it is safe to do so.
6. Get Your System Checked: Before you attempt to use any of your propane appliances, your propane retailer or a qualified service technician must check your entire system to ensure that it is leak-free.
Carbon Monoxide and Your Safety
CO Can Be Deadly:
High levels of CO can make you dizzy or sick. In extreme cases, CO can cause brain damage or death.
Know The Symptoms:
• Shortness of Breath